Monday, October 22, 2007

LUSCIOUS P Undercover:

Part IV


NEWLIFE PART IV

Luscious P continues her tour through the NewLife Site, where millions build virtual people, have virtual lives and conduct virtual affairs.



The room was huge… the size of a football field, bathed in luminescent strobe lights and packed with avatars gyrating to the thump, thump, thump of the techno groove music.



“Godfrey,” I shouted at him, “this is what you wanted to show me? I can go to clubs like this any day of the week.”



“No, no,” he said, “just follow me.”



We weaved our way through the crowd. I felt a few digital tweaks on my butt and a couple of the avatars called out to me. We made our way to the opening of a long corridor lit with footlights then followed it past a series of doors. The noise of the techno club faded behind us. He stopped at a door that was black, shiny, and smooth like marble. He placed the palm of his hand against a small panel by the side of the door. A muted beep then Godfrey turned to me. “After you.”



I looked at the door. “Once it’s open?”



He laughed. “Touch it.”



I looked at him. “I don’t think we’ve known each that long, Godfrey, for me to touch it.”



“The door, Amelie.” He nodded towards it.



I reached out to touch the smooth shiny door, my hand slipped through it. I looked back at Godfrey. “Cool.”



“Yeah,” he said. “After you.”



“Okay.” I felt a slight pull on my pixels as I stepped through the door.



It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the ambient light of the room and the fact that there were neither discernable corners nor visible ceiling. I turned and looked back at Godfrey. “Where are we?”



“It’s the Simulated X room,” he said.


I noticed how his avatar had begun to look quite a bit more handsome. In fact, the words that came out his mouth seemed fascinating all the sudden.



“Simulated X? As in simulated ecstasy?”



“You got it, baby,” he said. “I feel like dancing.” He sidled up and put his arm around my waist.



“There’s no music,” I said.

“Who needs music,” he said, “when we can make our own.”


Part One


Part Deaux


Part III

No comments:

Death by 1000 Papercuts

Attempting the roll back of the nanny-state: one papercut at a time.

Since 2007

"A Rip-Snortin" Gang of Hard-Living, Rightwing Cutthroats "

  • Classy Dame -- Little Baby Ginn
  • Cigar Afficinado --Mondoreb
  • Marijuana Girl- Luscious P(each)
  • Coffee Boy----Giant Scrotum Man
Add to Technorati Favorites

My Blogger Panel